Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Art Objects by Jeanette Winterson

Hi everyone!!! :)

I hope you are well.

Today I want to share with you my review of this book:


212575
                                       

What is this book about?: This book is a compilation of essays where Jeanette Winterson talks about painting, artists, litetature and her work.

What I liked: One thing I really liked about this book is that Jeanette Winterson has a very unique voice (you can recognised her easily) and the fact that she made me think about things I have never thought about ot at least not in that way.

I like the first essay Art Objects because it's about painting and art and how she started thinking about it. I had "similar" journey. Out of the blue, I felt interested in art and try to study it, just like she did, she started reading books about art. 

What I didn't like: I don't know if it was because it was written in English, the way it was written or if I was tired, but sometimes I didn't feel like reading it, I felt bored. I don't know if the experience would be better if I had read this book in Spanish, but I wish I had been able to read the essays separately, giving me time to think about them and not reading very quickly because I had to return the book to the library.

Overall, I liked the book. I think it was different and interesting.

My rating: ***




No comments:

Post a Comment