Thursday, December 6, 2012

3rd Annual End Of Year Book Survey – 2012!!

best books read in 2012


Hi everyone!!! :D

This is the first time I participate in this book survey and I loved it. Thanks Jamie for creating it it, it was a fun to answer these questions :)  

So, here it is: 

  Best In Books 2012


1. Best Book You Read In 2012? ( can break it down by genre if you want)
This year I have read many books which I enjoyed very much and I considered them some of my favourite books, but I'm going to choose just one: The sisterhood of the travelling pants. In fact, I'm choosing the whole series because I enjoyed reading them very very much. Maybe the last book let me down a little, but I loved the last one as much as I loved the first one. They are great book and I can't stop recommending them.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Mmm, maybe Hana by Lauren Oliver. I really loved Delirium and I like Hana, but her story wasn't as good as I expected. It was normal, I think.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?  
I'm going to say Dead until dark by Charlaine Harris. I was reluctant to read this one because I  don't usually like books about vampires, but this one surprised me a lot. It was so good, there were many things going on with the mystery and everything that I couldn't put it down.

 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Mmm, I think I push people to read Dash and Lily's book of dares and Dead until dark by Charlaine Harris

5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
This one is easy: The sisterhood of travelling pants. I loved all the books.

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Ann Brashares , David Levithan and Rachel Cohn

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Puf, I'm going to say Matched by Ally Condie. It's not the thing I'm used to reading.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Angus thongs and perfect snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)by

9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
I think Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie Perkins because I really enjoyed it.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?


 The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


 I fell in love with this cover instantly. it's love at first sight hahahahaa. I didn't wanted to know what the book was about, I just wanted to buy because the cover seemed to me so gorgeous.

11. Most memorable character in 2012?
I'm going to choose two: Bridget from the series The sisterhood of the travelling pants and Dash from Dash and Lily's book of dares. Bridget is not my favourite character in the series, but since we are soooo different, this character, the way she did things attracted me a lot. Dash because he is smart and creative. He is an interesting person.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Puf, this is a tough one, but I'm going to say Nick and Norah's infinitive playlist and Dash and Lily's book of dares. Both books are written by David Levitan and Rachel Cohn and you feel there are two people, but connected and both writers do an excellent work with this book, that everything is well done.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? 
Puf, I'm going to say P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern. This one made me think a lot about the loss of somebody and about cancer and everything and remember when I had to go through all that. Yes, this book had a great impact on me.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read? 
I'm going to say The sisterhood of the travelling pants, because I was a bit reluctant to read it.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? 

This quote is from the book P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern. The main character has just  turned 30 and she has this conversation with her friend.
 
"- From now on I will be a sensible, mature thirty-year-old woman.
 - Yeah, that's what I said too.
   Good night"

hahahaha. I love this quote, it's so true :)   
 
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 

Longest P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern. I hadn't realised that this book has 503 pages. I think I read it quite quickly because it's pretty good.

Shortest Hanna by Lauren Oliver. It was a good thing it was only 69 pages because I had to read on the computer.

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Actually I haven't finished the book because of that scene because I was sooooooooooooooo upset. The scene is from The boyfriend list by E. Lockhart . So, the main character Ruby is in his boyfriend house when he received a phone call. So, yeah the whole scene annoyed me a lot. If he were my boyfriend, I'd kill him.

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Mmm, there are a lot of couple, but I'm going to say Ky and Cassia from Matched, because apart from the facts which are around them, I like to think they have a connection.

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie Perkins.


20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Somebody recommended me and I really loved it

Well, this is me, but what about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment