Friday, December 27, 2013

Annual End of Year Book Survey – 2013 Edition!

Hi everyone!!! :)

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you had had a great time with your family.

Now, since the year is coming to an end I think it's time to make the annual end of the year book survey.  Jamie @the perpetual page turnercreated this survey and here is my own survey of the books I read this year. If you want to check it out her, click here

1. Best book you read in 2013 (If you have to cheat, you can break it down by genre)?
Romance: The sweetest thing by Jill Shalvis 
YA: Beastly by Alex Finn
Non-fiction: Book: a reunion Lygia Bojunga

2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't? 
A moveable feast by Ernest Hemingway. I thought I was going to fall in love with it and at the beginning it was, but after a few chapters I got bored :(

3. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2013?
There are several books that surprised me, but I think the book surprised me the most was: The marriage bargain by Jennifer Probst. I didn't like the cover much and I thought it was going to be a lame story, but just the opposite. The idea was good and it was well-developed, the romance was believable and the sex scenes too. I think all these things are really hard to find in a book and this book combines all of them pretty good.

4. Book that you read in 2013 that you recommend most to people? 
Mmm I don't usually recommend books, but if I had to recommend one would be Scott Pilgrim series. I have only read the three books in the series and it gets better and better. I can't wait to read the other three books. And the drawings are gorgeous.

5. Best series you discovered in 2013? 
The bride quartet by Nora Roberts which I read all the books in a few months. I loved them.

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013? 
Puff, this one is really hard, but I'm going to say Jennifer Probst, Lygia Bojunga and Natalie Goldberg. I like how they write, they are really entertaining.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre to you?
Writing down the bones by Natalie Goldberg. It was non-fiction about writing and I really enjoyed it.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
Beastly by Alex Finn. I wanted more and more. And even when I finished it and the ending was good and I was happy with it, I wanted more. SO GOOD! :D

9. Book you read in 2013 that you are most likely to reread next year?
The marriage bargain by Jennifer Probst. I really enjoyed it.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
 29802


11. Most memorable character in 2013? 
Charlotte Kinder from Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale. I really loved this character. She is smart, curious, and she doesn't need a man to have profit in her business or when she is investing a crime.

12. Most beautifully written book in 2013?
Drama by Raina Telgermeier. I think this book is really  cute.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
Just listen by Sarah Dessen. I thought this book was about one thing and then, BAM! the topic changed and I was: what is going on?! :O

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
Mmm I'm going to say 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff. This book was written in the 70s. I have had it in my hand several times I read about it, but it was not until this year that I decided to read. And I loved it :)

15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2013?
  "Liking is more important than loving. It lasts." Taken from Murder is easy by Agatha Christie

16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2013?
Shortest: Where the Wild Things Are by
Longest: Thunderstruck by Brian Selznick

17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to someone about?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

18. Favorite relationship you read from a book in 2013?
The sweetest thing by Jill Shalvis. Tara and Ford are not only lovers, but friends.

19. Favorite book you read in 2013 from an author you read previously?
Most of the authors I read this year were new for me, so I have to repeat The sweetest thing by Jill Shalvis.

20. Best book you reading 2013 that you read solely on a recommendation from someone else?
Vision in white by Nora Roberts. I read it because somebody recommended it in the Top Ten Tuesday when you need something light. And I loooooved it :D

21. Genre you read the most of in 2013?
Romance

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Ford from The sweetest thing. He is AWESOME :)

23. Best 2013 debut you read?
I haven't read any debut novel this year. What happened here? :(

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
Austenland by Shannon Hale

25. Book that was most fun to read in 2013?
The marriage bargain by Jennifer Probst.

26. Books that made you cry or nearly cry in 2013?
None of them. They were quite funny.

27. Book that you read in 2013 that got overlooked this year or when it came out?
Beastly by Alex Finn. Maybe it's because this book was published in 2009, but I expected more people were talking about it since it's a retelling.
Looking Ahead…

1. One book you didn't get to in 2013 but will be your number 1 priority in 2014?
Meet me at the cupcake café by Jenny Colgan

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2014?
Definitely Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

3. 2014 debut you are most anticipating? 
I don't have any.

4. Series ending you are most anticipating in 2014?
mmm I know it's not a series, but I'd say Isla and the happily ever after by Stephanie Perkins.

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2014?
Every year I set my goal in 41 books, but this year I hope to read at least 50 books


Well this is my survey. Let me know what you think about it and if you had made this too or something similar, feel free to link to it in the comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment