Monday, December 30, 2013

On challenges: French challenge

Hi everyone!!! :D

How is it going? So since the end of the year is coming I think it's time to recap. If you remember I decided to do some challenges this year, but they didn't go as I expected. I hadn't finished any of them except this one, and I didn't do this one in the way I wanted.

This one is about France and French. I wanted to explore other literature and read in French, but in the end it didn't happen, but still I did read some books related to France. GREAT! :D

This is what I have to do:


Books on France 
Hosted by: words and peace











How it works: 
So you can read any book related to France:
  • it can be set in France,
  • written by a French author,
  • written in French (not Canadian French),
  • about a French theme: French cuisine (how the French influenced American cuisine is accepted for instance), French fashion, etc.
All the genres are accepted:
  • nonfiction
  • fiction
  • historical fiction
  • mystery, etc


All medias are accepted:
  • paper
  • graphic (novel or non-fiction)
  • ebook
  • audiobook
Levels:

  • LEVEL 1, “un peu” = 3 books (one per quarter for instance)
  • LEVEL 2, “beaucoup”= 6 books
  • LEVEL 3, “passionnément” = 12 books (one/month, for instance)
  • LEVEL 4, “à la folie”= 52 books (one/week, for instance)
The level I'm going to choose is LEVEL 1: Un peu.
 
And this is how I did: I read 3 books
 
11974310 
Little nothings by  Lewis Trondheim. This book is written by the French author Lewis Trondheim. I really liked it and I highly recommend all his comics.








4631 A moveable feast by Ernest Hemingway. This book is set in Paris in the 20s. I thought I was going to love it, but for me it was OK.









13585501
 
 
The chocolate thief by Laura Florand. This one was set in Paris too, but it was the present. I liked, but I expected to love more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm definitely going to do this challenge again, but I'm going to try to do it better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment