Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: An attempt at exhausting place in Paris by Georges Perec

Hi everyone!!! :)


I hope you are very well and today I want to share with you my thoughts on this book:


7902560




What this book is about?: Perec decides to spend 3 days in the Saint-Sulpice square to observe what he sees and take notes about it.

What I liked about this book

First of all, I liked the idea of going to a place and write down what you see. I hadn't thought about doing that and the way Perec explained the idea sounded very cool.

I liked that the book was different from other books I have been reading. What you read in this book is his notes and what he thinks about the things he sees and he tells you in a way that you find it really cool and also you want to do it yourself. While I was reading I was thinking that it would be really cool to do this in Paris and also see the streets and places the author he went. Also I wanted to do it in my own town. 

Also he observes buses and banners and things like that that in my case I wouldn't take into consideration and the way he thinks and writes about them is really interesting.


What I didn't like about this book.

The only complain I have is that I didn't know some places and I looked for them on the Internet.I couldn't find them because or it was difficult to find the exact place or they didn't exist anymore.


Overall, it was a great read. I found it very interesting and cool. I really enjoy the whole experience very much and it's probable that I read this book soon again.

My rating: 5 starts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment