Friday, January 29, 2016

Review: Tales of winter by Grégoire Solotareff

Hi everyone!!! :)

I hope you're very well and today I want to share with you what I think about this book:

Cuentos de Invierno

What is this book about?: This book is a compilation of very short story (2 or 3 pages long) and they are about the daily life of elves, animals and in some cases Santa Claus.

My thoughts:

One thing that I liked about this book was the fact that you could read, if you wanted, a story every day. There was even a date at the beginning of each story. I didn't do that because I had to return the book before the winter finished, but it'd be interested to do it in that way.

Also I liked that the characters were animals and elves. I tend to read a lot of contemporary and this book was an interesting change.

While I was reading it, I got sick and I liked that the stories were adventurous and curious events that happened to them more than something dramatic. I really appreciated that and I was glad I read it in that moment.

I think everybody would enjoy this book, especially children. Since the stories are very short you can read aloud one story every day.

Since I enjoy more contemporary and this one was more fantasy I liked it, but I didn't love it. He has more tales: spring tales, summer tales and fall tales and I'm going to read them in the season. I think it'd be fun to do it in this way :)

My rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment