Friday, January 8, 2016

Review: The life and adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum

Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to share with you my thoughts of this book:

715058

What is this book about? It's the story of Santa Claus since he is a child until he is an old man and all that adventures that happen to him during that time.

My thoughts:

I have to point out that I am not a huge fun of fantasy. I like the genre, but it's not the first genre I normally pick up. What I love to read is contemporary and memoirs, books from I can learn things that I can apply in my life. OK so with that in mind this is my review.

I decided to pick it up this book because I thought it was going to be good and I was right. It was well-written and you don't notice it, but it feels like the author has been working hard to write this book. The chapters are well-structured and nothing is missing, everything is necessary to tell the story.

What I really liked was that you have the image of Santa Claus, what he is going to become, but when you start the book he is still a child, so you need to know the middle, how he became Santa Claus. So it's really interesting and fun to see how little by little this child grows and becomes Santa Claus. You see that one thing leads to another one and everything makes perfect sense. Like for instance the tradition of putting Christmas stockings. According to the book is because in this way Santa Claus doesn't need to look for the children' bedrooms and it takes him less time to put the presents.

What I missed was the fact that I couldn't feel related because everything was fantasy, but I had a great time reading it because it was interesting and easy to read. You can fly through it easily.

My rating was *** starts.

My recommendation: Pick it up if you like fantasy I think you're going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment