Friday, January 22, 2016

Madame Doubtfire by Anne Fine

Hi everyone!!! :)

I hope you're very well and today I want to share with you my thoughts on this book.

2657291

What this book is about? This book is about a man who realizes that, since he got divorced, he can't see his children as much as he wants. So, when he learns that his ex-wife wants to hire a housekeeper, he decides to dress up as a woman and apply for the job.

My thoughts:

I was very interested in reading this book because last year I re-watched the movie Mrs Doubtfire and watching it I learned that there was a book in which the movie was based. So, since I really enjoyed the movie, I was really excited to read this book.

So, the first thing I realised it was the fact that the book was going to be easy to read, but at the same time I realised that the book wasn't as funny as the movie. It wasn't funny at all.

I found the main character very stubborn. He was an adult, but he was behaving like a child. Whatever he did, he was in his rights because they were his children. It didn't matter what he was doing was illegal. 

In the end, I decided to finish the book for two reasons. The first one was that I wanted to read something funny in the book, but that didn't happen and the second thing was I wanted to know what the point of the whole story was. In the movie you see the characters start listen to each an as a result they grow. But in the book, he was doing everything wrong and nobody was happy.

Overall, I thought the book was OK and it wasn't funny at all. I was going to give it 2 starts, but in the end I gave 2 and a half because the ending made up for the rest of the book.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment