Friday, June 14, 2013

Book Beginnings with two books :D



                                         hosted by: Rose City Reader

 

Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to share with you the book beginning of two books :) I started one, but since the book is a bit sad, I started another one.


So here they are
The Silver Linings Playbook
"An infinite amount of days until my inevitable reunion with Nikki. 

I don't have to look up to know Mom is making another surprise visit."


 

The Hobbit (Middle-earth Universe) 


" Chapter 1 AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."











I really like The silver linings playbook by Matthew Quick, but it's sadder than I expected. I was watching TV and then, in a program started talking about this film. I felt in love with the plot immediately and I wanted to read it right away. i started it and I realised it was good, but at the same time sad. When I watched some pices of the film I didn't get the impression, although the topic is mental illness, that it'd be told in a sad way.

The hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien is a re-read. I started last month and I didn't want to keep reading, but yesterday I was totally in the mood for this book. I haven't read much, but I laughed several times.

Well, these are my beginnnings, what are yours?

8 comments:

  1. The movie was wonderful - heart warming, funny, sad but ultimately uplifting.
    The Hobbit beginning just makes me smile with lots if childhood memories of reading this book :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! :D The book is sad, but engaging at the same time. i can't wait to watch the film and Bradley Cooper ;) ;)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the beginning of the Hobbit, it just makes me very happy! I love the Silver Linings movie, so I think O should try the book as well! Hop on over to my Friday post if you have the time :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finish the book so I can watch the film. It seems to me everybody loves the film :)

      Delete
  3. I loved the movie, Silver Linings Playbook...so I'm eager to read the book. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm definitely going to watch the film since everybody is saying nothing, but good things about it :)

      Delete
  4. Awww The Hobbit! One memorable line :)

    My post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's funnier than I remembered it :)

      Delete