Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Books I Liked More/Less Than I Thought I did

                                      hosted by: The Book and the Bookish

Hi everyone!!! :)

It's a week since the last time I wrote and, although I am not feeling very well, I want to share with you the books I thought I'd like more/less than I did.

I thought I'd like more that I did 


The tiny wife by Andrew Kaufman. I like stories which are strange and different and shows worlds on their own. I really like them. I thought this book was going to be strange, and it was, but not in the way I like, so this book disappointed me.

The tiny men by Juan José Millás. The same happens with this book. The story is about a man who starts seeing tiny men and I thought OMG I'm going to love this story. It sounds terrific and then I read it and I was: Yes, it's OK :(

Something wicked came this way by Ray Bradbury. I like books by Ray Bradbury and I really want to read this one because I thought it was going to be an awesome read. I started reading it and the more I read the less I liked, but I kept pushing me to finish because I really wanted to give it a try.

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Well, this one is different from the rest. I liked it and I liked the beginning of the book a lot. The thing is I love the rest of the books by Neil Gaiman from one cover to the other, but this one was really good at the beginning and the rest was good, but not great.

Possession by A.S. Byatt. I was really really excited about this book, but when I read it, it left me dissatisfied. I expected much more I found in the book, but maybe, in this case, was because of my level of English. Maybe I missed something important.

I thought I'd like less than I did

The sisterhood of the travelling pants by Ann Brashares. OMG I really love this book. I thought it would be only for children, so I read a few pages and I was going to put aside when I read some more and I couldn't put it down :)

Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie Perkins. I thought Anna and the French Kiss was great and I was reluctant to read this one because I though I wasn't going to love it as much as I did with Anna and the French Kiss. Luckily I was wrong :D

Dark until dead by Charlaine Harris. Another book which surprised me a lot. I love vampires, but since now they are fashion and they are everywhere, I thought I wasn't going to love this book. Plus, I'd seen some minutes of the series and it seemed to me a bit dark.  But once I grabbed the book, I couldn't put it down, so I'm glad that I gave it a chance :)

Simple Irresistible by Jill Shavis. I started reading this book because I'd heard it was good and everything, but since it was romance I thought I wasn't going to love it. 
It is not just the romance, it's everything: the story, the characters, the dialogues, everything is so well-built that it's impossible not to fall in love with the story. I liked this book so much that I bought the whole series :D

Beastly by Alex Finn. I'd seen this book in several libraries, but I thought it was not the kind of book I like, so I put aside, but then the film, which is based on this book,  was emitted on TV and al thought I saw some minutes I wanted to read this book because it seems to be a great book. I borrowed from the library and I read very quickly because it was so great that I couldn't put aside. Yeeeah, two thumbs up!!! :)


Well, these are my books, do you think the same as me or you had a different experience? Let me know in the comments and share with me yours!!! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment