Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread

                                      hosted by: The Book and the Bookish


Hi everyone!!! :) 

So, today I want to share with you the books I really really needed to have, I couldn't wait any more and now they are still sitting on my shelves unread.

Solar 


Solar by Ian McEwan. I read more or less what was about and I wanted to have right away. This was one of the first books I ordered on the Internet, that means I ordered in 2011 and I haven't read yet.





The Book Thief 


The book thief by Markus Kusak. This is the first book I bought because book community recommended. I was very interesting in it, but I have never read it, though :(






The Help 


The help by Kathryn Stockett. The film was about to come out and I had to have this book. I read what was about and I fell in love with the story. It had to be mine and then, I left in my shelf and I never take it again :(




Dubliners 

Dubliners by James Joyce. I bought this book because I wanted to read it (I heard it was good) and it was cheap. My intention was to read it right away, since I thought it was good and thin, but in the end I haven't read it.






Cranford 


Cranford by Elizabeth Cranford. I've watched a little bit of the episodes on TV and the story sounds in the interesting. i saw the book in a book shop very cheap and I bought it right away. It's in my shelf since then.




The Graveyard Book 


The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. Actually I started the book and I thought oh my God, this is so good. I have to have my own copy. I bought it and yes, I have never read it.






A Tale of Two Cities 

A tale of two cities by Charles Dickens. I've heard nothing but good things about this book and obviously, I had to have. i bought it, but I have never tried to open at least.







The Descendants 


The descendants by Haui Hart Hemmings.Again another book I haven't opened. This one was a birthday present which I HAD to have, but again I left in my shelf and I never open it.






Good Wives (Little Women, # 2/2) 


Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott. Actually I have two copies of this book. I have in one volume Little women and Good wives and I thought it'd be uncorfortable to read it in this way, so I bought another copy. My intention is re-read Little women and then, read this one, but I haven't done it yet.



Outlander (Outlander, #1) 



Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It's true that I bought this book because it was very cheap (3 euros/3.8 dollars/2.5 pounds), but it's also true that I really really wanted to have it because I really really really wanted to read it, but now I think it's been a year and it's still in my shelf unread.




Well, these are the books. What do you think? Have you had the same experience? What are your books? Let me know in the comments! :)



 

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Book Thief & The Graveyard Book too! They both sound amazing! I hope you manage to get around to reading them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to read The Graveyard Book in April because I don't want to end up with tons of books unread, let alone a book written by Neil Gaiman :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your books! I've been intrigued by Outlander, but have never gotten any further than the intrigue. Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :)

      Yes, I also intrigue. I hope to have the opportunity to read this one soon.

      Delete