Saturday, February 23, 2013

Love-a-thon: Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl



hosted by: Alexa Loves Books

Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to share with you the interview I did to Jana@ That Arty Reader Girl. I think it's a bit late and I hope it's still in the love-a-thon.  I don't know why, but I totally forgot the Love-a-thon was today. I'm so so sorry I'm posting this so late. I think Jana's blog deserves more attention and I think I am not giving the promotion she deserves :(

Anyway, here are my questions and her ansers. i hope you guys enjoy it :)

1.- Why did you start blogging?

I absolutely love sharing my love of reading with others. I love recommending things, saving people from buying not so good books, and helping authors get the word out about this books!

2.- What do you like the most about blogging?

Really, it's the people.  I love all the opportunities that come with blogging, including the amazing bloggers I've met, all the books I've been introduced to, and the supportive authors and publishers I've been able to interact with. We bloggers are members of a very awesome club!

3.- Why did you choose to blog about books instead of something else?

Reading is my favorite thing in the world, and probably the only thing I have TONS to write about. Haha.

4.- Has the way you read changed since you started blogging?

I think it has. I read many more genres than I used to. Honestly, I never thought I'd fall in love with epic fantasy, dystopia, and even contemporary novels! When I started blogging, I loved paranormal romances. Now I'm shying away from it. Plus, I read so much more than I used to!


5.- What are your favourite books?
Tough question! I really really loved Just One Day by Gayle forman. It's absolutely amazing. Unbreak MY Heart by Melissa Walker is also amazing, and really made me think. Then there's Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Austenland by Shannon Hale, Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard, On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves, and so many more! I have a list of favorites on Goodreads, if you're interested! - http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/983479-jana-that-artsy-reader-girl?format=html&shelf=favorites


6.- And what is your most hated book? Or a book you don't like.
It takes a lot to make me hate a book, and I mean a LOT. I think the first book that comes to mind, though, is the Kissed by an Angel series by Elizabeth Chandler. The author had one of her characters brutally murder/torture a kitten, and wrote about it in great detail. It was so upsetting, and I can cry about it now 3 years later. Any author who decides it's necessary to include animal abuse in their book will never grace my bookshelves.

7.- I also love Stephanie Perkins's books. Can you recommend books which are similar to hers?

Hmm… Just one Day by Gayle Forman, The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland. My Ridiculous Romantic Obsessions by Becca Wilhite, and Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard. Those are all really sweet, wonderfully written contemporary romances and I love them all!

8.- I read on your blog you sing. What kind of music do you sing? Are you a professional?

I have been a member of many singing groups in my life, and have also gone through vocal training. I've sung everything from jazz to pop to opera. Besides English, I've sung in Latin, Spanish, French, and Italian. I'm not a professional singer, but I have sung with groups on TV several times (one time for an International broadcast!), gone on tours, and produced CDs. I love singing!

Well, what do you think? Do you want to know more about Jana? Are you curious about her blog? Just click here and you go there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment