Friday, February 15, 2013

Book Beginnings + The Friday 56 with different books :)

Hi everyone!!! :)

So today I want to share with you the book beginning and the page 56 of the books I'm currently reading


 

                                        hosted by: Rose City Reader

I'm going to share the beginning of this book

Emma  


"EMMA WOODHOUSE, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her "








 


I thought I was going to love Emma more I'm doing. I think it's because the action is a bit slow, so it's taking me some time to finish it. Besides, the letter is so small that I feel is going to take me forever to finish the page. But anyway, I think I'm going to keep reading just in case the rhythm changes a little bit later.

                                       hosted by: Freda's voice

And now I'm going to share the page 56 of this book.
Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) 




 "Chloe ducked and grinned. "It's just avocado and mayo. And you need it, too. It'd fix your frizz problem""

                                                  

I really love this book. It's really cute and lovely. For me, Jill Shalvis is a safe bet because I always enjoy reading her books and she never lets me down :D If you want to read romance with a very well-built story, you should check out her books. They are great.

Well, these are my books. What do you think of them? Have you read them? What are you reading now? Are you reading a classic or maybe a romance? Let me know in the comments and please don't forget to share yours!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Great! because I really want to finish the book, but it's a bit slow :(

      Delete
  2. I love Emma, but the pace in the Jane Austen books is slower and it takes a while to get going - it's mostly the verbal give and take where you get the payoff in her books but it's a great choice:)

    I haven't had a chance to read the Jill Shalvis book yet but Jill is one of my go to authors - her books are great - I'm just behind reading the series - have the books

    Here's my Friday Meme Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I have to be more patient. I don't want to stop reading it yet, I want to give it a chance.

      I'm glad you like Jill Shalvis's books. She's a great author :)

      Delete
  3. These two books couldn't be more different! lol

    I don't like books with tiny print...and especially with a classic, since the prose is usually pretty complex. Good luck!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's absolutely true. For me it's hard to follow, but Jane Austen deserves the effort :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE Austen!
    Your 56 reminds me I have the first book around here somewhere... I should get to reading it. Looks like a nice series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's lovely. I love Jill's books. They are always great reads!

      I hope you like them :)

      Delete
  5. Yay for classics!

    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want to read more classics because they are always great, but the vocabulary is a bit hard for me :(

      Thanks for joining! :)

      Delete