Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday of review: ttyl by Lauren Myracle

Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to share with you my review of this book:

 http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1350771009l/301023.jpg


MY REVIEW:

The author: I haven't heard nothing about it until I saw the book in this vlog. I think she is great. I loved the idea of this book and I believe that I'm going to read more books by her.

The story: It's about three girls who talk about their thoughts and what happens in their lives through instant messages.

The characters: I really loved the main characters: Angela, Zoe and Maddie. I loved them because they have flaws like everybody else. They are not perfect and they make mistakes. 
 
I love Angela and specially when she says what she is doing using * * I think she is really funny.
 
I love Maddie because she is strong and I think she doesn't like the main stream.
 
I love Zoe because she is wise, intelligent and smart.

My thoughts: At first I was a little reluctant to read the book because although Raeleen in her vlog said it was hilarious, maybe I didn't find it that fun, I’m glad to say that I was wrong :D (Please check out Raeleen vlog, it's really great. I watched a few videos and I followed her because they are fantastic. Here is the video where she talks about this book)

I really loved the book and yes, it was hilarious. To tell the truth, when I started to read it, I thought it was OK, but a few minutes later I couldn't stop reading it and if I did, I grabbed again to read more and more.

The only thing that made me feel uncomfortable was the abbreviations. I really loved them, don't get me wrong, because it's how teenagers talk, but I had to look up several words several times because I couldn't understand anything. Luckily I was at home so i could look up them on the Internet otherwise I think I would be lost. But it's also true that there are some, not many abbreviations and some appear several times, so you learn them and you don't have problems with them. Plus, if you read the abbreviation aloud you can understand the meaning. So it's not complicated. For me it was a bit complicated because I am a foreigner and I could get through.  So, don't worry about the abbreviations, the book deserves the effort.
  To sum up: I really loved the book. It was not only funny, but also it dealt with difficult issues. I highly recommend to everyone. Maybe you will enjoy more if you are a teenager, but I don't think that really matters because I'm not and I really enjoyed it very much.

Well, this is me, but what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment