Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Walk to Avonlea: Anna of Green Gables Review


Have you ever thought what would happen if you made a mistake and that mistake changed your life forever? 

Well, this is what happened to the characters of Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)What is this about?
  
A man and awoman, Matthew and Marilia, a brother and a sister, who live in Avonlea decide to adopt an orphan. They want a boy who helps Matthew in the farm, but a terrible misunderstanding brings a girl instead of a boy. This girl is not a common girl and she is going to make the quiet life of Matthew and Marilia very different with her smartness and her non-stop talking.

My Thoughts:

At first, I didn't find the story very interesting until Anne appears. Once she did it was impossible for me not to fell in love with the girl and with the story. She is an unforgettable character because she is smart and funny. she is always talking and getting into trouble.

What I liked: You can read every chapter like a story itself. Obviously you have to read the book in order to follow the main plot, but if you know what happens in he book you can read very chapter in no order at all.

What I don't like: The stories most of the time were or funny or entertaining or both things, but many of them were about Anne got into trouble and one story was good, but once I read several, I got bored.

The characters:

Anne: She's an amazing character. The book starts when she's 11 and ends when she's 16. It doesn't matter what age or what she's doing, you always find her interesting. That surprised me a lot! 

Gilbert: I really like Gilbert, although at the beginning of the book was a pain, and his relationship with Anne. It seems as if Anne transformed him into a new person. I loved the idea both shared the same interests.

Marilla: I really love Marilla. I love her because she is hard from the outside, but soft in the inside and how Marilla is also as Gilbert transformed by Anne.

Matthew: I love Matthew and his relationship with Anne. I picture them together and they seem to me an adorable couple. One very shy and quiet, the other outgoing and saying what she thinks.

So, what do you think? Do you want to give it a try?


No comments:

Post a Comment