Thursday, November 1, 2012

November TBR: British Month

Hi everyone!!! :)

Today it's the first day of the month and for me it's very exciting because it's the moment I look in my shelves to decide what I'm going to read this month :)

Well, since I normally read American literature, I've decided to dedicate one month to read only British literature. This idea is a bit silly because I don't mind the nationality as long as the book is good, but I really want to try it, just to be immerse in this culture of tea, monsters (Nessy :D) and dragons for a month.

Here are my books

The Dylan Thomas omnibus. It's a collection of poems and stories, which I don't expect to read all, but I hope to read as much as possible.

Soul Music by Terry Pratchett. I've started many times this book because Terry Pratchett uses vocabulary, puns and word games which are difficult for me. I hope this time I can read it.

Persuasion by Jane Austen. It's a shame I have only read Pride and Prejudice. Misty from The Book Rat hosted a read-a-long of this book, but it was in August and I live in Spain, so, yeah, too hot to read. I hope now to be able to read it :)

The Floating admiral by Agatha Christie, Dorothy L. Sayers, G.K. Chesterton among others. I don't know what the book is about, I guess it's some kind of mystery, but what I know is that each chapter is written by an author, cool, huh? I can't wait to read this one, it seems an interesting experience.

Solar by Ian McEwan. This book has been in my TBR since forever. I think it's time to read it.

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. I heard that this book was really good, but I don't know much about it.

                                                                               +

I really want to read this one. I have enjoyed reading the other books in the series very much.










Well, this is the second book in the series and I hope to find the same fun as I had with the first one.










Well, this is me, but what about you? What are you going to read in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment