Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January TBR: How I did it

Hi everybody!!! :)

 Now it's the last day of the month it's time to see how I did it in my January TBR list.

Here is my list of the books I wanted to read this month:
1.- Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver.
2.- The map of time by F.J. Palma.
3.- The book of even more awesome by Neil Pasricha.
Maybes
4.- The sisterhood of traveling pants by Anne Brashares.
5.- The infernal devices 1: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.

And this is how I did it:

I've read

1.-  Liesl and Po. I didn't love it but I did like it. Still, I recommend to all of you because I think it's well-written and it's a beautiful story. I believe that I didn't love it because it's aimed to children, although everybody can read it and enjoy it.

2. - The book of even more awesome by Neil Pasricha. I love this book, it's very funny. In fact, I was a bit sad one day and it'll help me to cheer me up :) The idea is simple and I think that's why this book is so popular. Neil Pasricha decided to think in all the things which happen in our life that they are awesome. Some examples taken from the book are:

            - Watching milk go into coffee
            - When the hiccups stop
           - Finding something you lost a long time ago after you already gave up looking for it

Every page it's about one of these ideas. I laughed a lot, so if you are sad, this is the book. The problem with this book was that there were a lot of words which I didn't know. Obviously, I looked up for most of them and enjoyed the book, but sometimes it makes me feel sad and stupid :(

Anyway, Neil has a webpage about this stuff. Here is the link: Neil Pasricha website

3. - The sisterhood of the travelling pants by Ann Brashares. Wow, really good book! I was reluctant to read it because I felt that I was not going to enjoy reading it, but no. I really adore the book, every story but specially Lena.

4. - The infernal devices 1: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Everybody said that the book was really good and they were right. Although I like the romance I don't like the sexual tension. I love the characters specially Will, Tessa and James :)

5.- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I've read a chapter of this one and I thought I was going to read. I gave it a try and it was AWESOME. I love Lend :) I recommend to you because it's very funny. It has mystery and romance. I love it. Have I said that I love Lend? ;)

6.- Pride and Prejudice by Nancy Butler. I don't like much this one. I like the story but I though it would be better. I know it's difficult to adapt a classic but I'd expected something more.

7.- An abundance of Katherines by John Green. Oooh, what a beautiful story. I really love the book. I liked it more than Looking for Alaska but maybe it's because with this book I spent more time looking up words and stuff  on the internet. It's a pity my name is not Katherine, I really like Colin. Still, I prefer Lend.

8. - Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Well, in this case I know the story but to tell the truth I didn't remember very well. As always it's a really pleasure to read Neil Gaiman. Two thumbs up.

Well, this month I've read a lot. We'll see the next week.

This is my month but what about yours?






No comments:

Post a Comment