Saturday, July 30, 2011

The good, the bad and the ugly

Today, I was thinking about the movies have been based on books. 

Normally, I read the book and then if I liked the book, I watch the movie. Other times, I discover a movie which I want to watch is based on a book. I read the book and then I watch the movie.And sometimes, I found out later I watched a movie which was based on a book. Because I already watched the movie, I decide to give the book a try, to compare them.

But what I found out today was 

One: you love the book but you hate the movie.How many times I read a book and I loved, then watch the movie and ask to myself What crap I am watching?  The most extreme case was The Flanders Panel by Arturo Perez Reverte. I liked so much the book. It tells the story of an art restorer who has to resolve a mystery. I liked the idea and I think I read the book very quickly. I found the movie and put on my video. I started watching and I saw Kate Beckinsale in every scene naked. In the book her character has some sex intercourses, but I said some not she has to show me all her anatomy. I was stunned. At first, I thought maybe I was watching the wrong movie. But not, they decided to skip all the mystery and fill it with Kate's breast.

Two: you love the book and you love the film. This case is strange but sometimes happens.  I can think one case: The Fencing Master by Arturo Perez Reverte. I liked the book and I watched the movie and I liked both of them. I have to say in the movie they didn't change anything and they try to put it just in the same way as in the book. It's like to read the book twice.

Three: you love the movie but you don't like the book. This is a really really strange case but I know one case in which I've watched the movie many many times and I love it and I read the book once and I don't want to reread it: The Princess Bride. I love the movie, I love the characters, the actors, (although watch how Columbo (the grandpa) goes to visit Kevin (grandson) it's really weird :P)but when I read the book I was very disappointed.

This is me, but what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment