Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?


Well, here comes another week and another time to think about what I have read, what I am reading and I am going to read this week.

This week I have read Jean Rhys(1890-1979) by Rosa García Rayego. It's a study about the life of Rhys and how it affected the books what she wrote. Thanks to this book I wanted to read the books Rhys had written, but the only one I could find was Wide Sargasso Sea which actually I had already read :( I also finished The Vanishing of Katharina Linden. AWESOME book!!!! I started on Tuesday and I couldn't stop reading it. I liked it soooooooo much.

What I am reading now is Possession (I am on page 246) by A.S. Byatt. It is a weight tome and it's boring to me sometimes because I don't know why the author is telling me this or that although I think the book is pretty good. I am reading Wyrd Sisters (I am on page 77)by Terry Pratchett. This book is very funny but sometimes it costs me a lot of time to understand what Terry Pratchett is telling me because English is not my mother tongue, but it likes me too. I am also reading Les mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir. I haven't a high level in French, so I am reading this book very slow and I don't sure if  I'm understanding the novel so,maybe I have to start again :(

When I finish these books I am going to read Odd and Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman, Disparitions by Sophie Calle and Paris no se acaba nunca (Never any end to Paris) by Enrique Vila-Matas.

And you, What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment